Season Update

UpdatedFriday April 3, 2020 byKYBSA.

As the impact of the COVID-19 virus grows and we all continue to adjust to this strange new way of life, we hope this message finds you and your family safe and healthy.  The KYBSA would like to let our member families and our community know that we have not given up on the spring season.

While we understand that baseball and softball is far from an immediate priority, we are hopeful that a return to the ball field will eventually be an important step for our children and families to restore a sense of normalcy to our lives. 

We will continue to follow the lead of our government leaders and  listen to recommendations from Little League & Babe Ruth League. The uncertainty of the situation makes it difficult to predict a return date or timeline for the season.  We are carefully considering all options including a condensed season or extending the season into the summer.

Since this would have been the first week of team practices, our start is officially delayed.  Opening day won't happen as planned, but there is still plenty of time for a productive and meaningful season.  If the worst case scenario happens and we are forced to cancel the season, refunds will be offered.

In the meantime, registration will remain open and we will continue to prepare for our return to the field.


The Kingston Youth Baseball & Softball Association