UpdatedWednesday March 11, 2020 byKYBSA.
KYBSA conducts a background check on all managers, coaches, team parents, board members, as well as any other persons/volunteers, who provide regular service to the league, and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players or teams.
This is done in an effort to create a safe environment where kids can have a positive and rewarding experience playing baseball or softball.
KYBSA uses the USA Baseball platform to conduct a standard check. This check is performed by JD Palatine
The Standard Background Check includes an SSN ID Search, a JDP National Criminal Search (+ Developed Names - All Hits Confirmed at County Level Included) and a JDP National Sex Offender Records Search.
Background Check - KYBSA paid
AFTER Board approval, submit to a background check
- Visit USA Baseball Background Checks and select SIGN IN
- If not already member, select CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
- Enter in all *required information. For Organization, type "Kingston". "Kingston Youth Baseball & Softball Association" will pop up. Be sure to select the pop-up. Just typing out the full name will NOT be recorded properly.
- Select SAVE
- Select BACKGROUND CHECKS
- Select GET STARTED at the bottom of the page.
- Select STANDARD BACKGROUND CHECK
- Select UPDATE CART and then PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Select CHOOSE ANOTHER ADDRESS. Even though this is an online course, the system wants an address filled in.
- Enter promo code provided by KYBSA Board.
- Select SUBMIT ORDER
- You will be sent an email with the subject: USA Baseball Background Questionnaire Notification. Please open this email and read the directions to complete the background check. It contains a link to the background questionnaire. The questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- After completing and submitting the questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation email with the subject: USA Baseball Background Questionnaire Confirmation. This is only a confirmation that they have received your questionnaire. It does not reveal the result of the background check.
- You will receive another email once your background check is complete. You can also monitor the status by signing in to USA Baseball and selecting MY PROFILE.